1. Entertainment
Paulette Cohn

Will Steffy Return to 'The Bold and the Beautiful'?

By August 1, 2013

Jacqueline MacInnes Wood

If Jacqueline MacInnes Wood has anything to say about it, she is willing to appear on The Bold and the Beautiful in a recurring role, which would leave her free to pursue other acting opportunities, such as her LMN movie, "My Husband's Betrayal," premiering Friday night.

In an exclusive interview with Wood, About.com learned that she is leaving shortly for six weeks in Europe, but when she returns, she would be happy to revisit the role for an occasional appearance, if the producers and writers require her services.

As for why Steffy left, she says, "In her heart and soul, she wants to be with Liam. She felt he was her soulmate, but with everything that has happened, she feels it was her fault and she can't change that. She should never have gotten on that motorcycle and he told her not to. There have been so many things that happened that it opens her eyes to the possibility that maybe he should be with Hope."

That said, even if Steffy doesn't return any time soon, Wood says she still drops by the studio where the soap is filmed to visit with her former co-stars.

Photo courtesy: Movie Venture 6 inc.

Comments

August 4, 2013 at 9:07 am
(1) virgie sexton says:

I absolutely love Steffy JMW she is my all time favorite actor I don’t really watch B&B since she’s not on it right now, I do watch and read the spoiler alerts hoping to see something about her return but I support her in what ever she does I know she will exceed at all she does, she is loved by many and NO ONE can fill her shoe’s on B&B.. we love JacquelineMWood aka Steffy.

August 9, 2013 at 3:34 pm
(2) Lynne says:

I’m a big fan of JMWood and hope she will be returning in the role of Steffy. Although I do catch the B&B several days a week, I’m no longer a “die-hard” viewer.

I support her personal desire to grow and doing other work is definitely a part of that process……here’s hoping she and the team of B&B can find a way to workout a flex schedule for her.

August 30, 2013 at 3:30 pm
(3) Dee says:

I love Stefy (JMW). She is my favorite on the soap. There is something missing since she left the show.

September 1, 2013 at 11:55 am
(4) Joyce Knight says:

They to bring steffy back to be with wyatt. And let liam be with hope.

September 9, 2013 at 9:54 pm
(5) rose says:

Please! Please! Bring Steffy Back!! Hope doesn’t look right with Liam.. and shes not a good actor! There wa sso much excitement between Liam and Steffy chemistry you know? The show is boring with Hope! Please Bring Steffy and Liam together. And How can Liam switch from one to other so quickly??? At First he was deeply in love with Steffy? Now hes in love with Hope? I still believe he loves Steffy!

September 9, 2013 at 9:58 pm
(6) Rose says:

Bring Steffy Back Please!!!

September 10, 2013 at 2:01 pm
(7) deborah barnett says:

Bring Steffy back soon please! You all took Regg out and her, it just unbearable. Whatever you decide to do please no substitute. I want Steffy to come back and get her man Liam back. Liam brother might be a good catch.

September 21, 2013 at 7:37 pm
(8) shelia maiden says:

steffy I miss you loved u in bold and beautiful miss you there is no one else for liam like you please reconsider the please

September 23, 2013 at 4:36 pm
(9) jenetta says:

b&b is boring without j. woods. hope is not a good actor and doesn’t have chemistry with liam, and has always acted like a spoiled brat! chemistry between wyatt; and hope is much better ! there was plenty of chemistry between steffy and liam and fun to watch. at least you have brook and bill story line going now. i possibly will watch at a later time

September 27, 2013 at 9:34 pm
(10) kathybl says:

b and b has turned into the logan show. what happened to all the foresters thomas, ridge, taylor, and steffy all gone lets bring them back. would love to see ridge come back and toss some fire at brooke and bill.;

October 6, 2013 at 8:13 am
(11) Mary says:

B and B is no longer very exciting without Stephie. Liam is so boring with the the whinny Hope. Hope and her mother Brooke should hitch hike out of town and keep going. Hope is so immature. Her mother is a class act of low class. Stephie has more maturity and class in her little finger then brooke and hope have in their whole bodies. Come back Stephie..Love Liam, but not with little miss whinner. He needs a real woman and he needs to grow up and realize that is Stephie.

October 7, 2013 at 2:08 pm
(12) Bella says:

i m a fan of JMW Work for years,but not the past 2 years with wuss liam.
How awful.watching steffy gravel from crumbs,is not cute,and i want her back now! i can envision her drama with hope over”another one of hope men”this time the tall very handsome boyish but good looking sweet wyatt.
and i already can see her, wanting him! lol

i want her back. and i hope more than 2 seconds in the past month of sept.
2013.
If not she is better off anyhow IF BOLD WRITER will keep placing her with liam whose imo never was IN love with her,and she deserve a man for her own self,not seconds.

adios

~Bella~

October 10, 2013 at 2:07 pm
(13) kimmie nester says:

Please bring steffy back she is so missed, and liam needs her hope is better off with wyatt! steffy come back soon!

October 10, 2013 at 2:33 pm
(14) Cathy Page says:

I have watched B&B for along time and JMW needs to be back she’s the only one that have the guts to go up against Brook.. Personally you need some new writers Im tired of Hope and Liam they should be married now, and Brook has been sleeping with friends, son-in-laws, and brother-in-laws (really) she needs something new to do. Anyway the show is dull becuz Steffy is gone…BRING HER BACK!.

October 14, 2013 at 1:52 pm
(15) Carol says:

It would be wise to get new writers. It is rather tiresome watching the Brooke Logan show! For that matter, why not allow Brooke to fall and crash, just for something fresh? And, why is she supposed to be so desirable? Sure she is attractive, but no more, and perhaps less, than Hunter Tylo… What kind of writing has a character for over 20 years sleep with everybody in her immediate family? It is gross beyond words. At age 50, it is time to stop making her a sex kitten without a moral compass. It is sad that you think viewers don’t notice it, or are so easy to amuse. B and B is just a ghost of what it once was, Too bad they don’t cancel this show and bring back Guiding Light !
I miss the beautiful and exciting Steffy too. She has charisma. The character Hope is so blah, and is not unusual enough to cause such turmoil in men. She looks like the nice, girl next door, no more, no less. So, please get some well educated, talented writers, and please get some of the old actors back that made the show unique and interesting.

October 16, 2013 at 12:48 pm
(16) Robin Carroll says:

Doesn’t anyone stay in love on this show. Hated Taylor and Eric, now it will be Quinn. Sooo tired of the Liam and Hope story. Brooke and Bill make me sick. Love Steffy, but doesn’t anyone remember she was with Bill first. Taylor was with all the Foresters. Brooke was with all the Foresters and her kids boyfriends, husbands and sisters. The storyline was gotten way boring. As far as Katie, why should she fight for Bill after his body parts have been all over Brooke. Gross. She needs to be a bigger woman and find someone better than Bill. Time for some new story lines and game changers!!! All I can say is boring!!!!!!

October 17, 2013 at 10:58 am
(17) basketball team jerseys says:

I lately noticed your website online and have been completely reading enough posts in yours. I really thought I’d put a fast thought and explain that you need a certainly nice site. I’ll keep away from updates as a result of you!

November 7, 2013 at 1:38 pm
(18) Trisha says:

I really miss, Steffy on The B&B. hardly ever watch the show anymore. I am sick of seeing Hope and Liam together. I want to Steffy return to the show, and return to Liam.

November 17, 2013 at 7:42 pm
(19) Theresa says:

Stopped watching the B and B lately. It was more exciting with Steffy on it. It is boring now. The only two people on it is Brooke and Hope. Let’s add more story line.

November 21, 2013 at 6:31 pm
(20) Kreesha says:

Brooke needs to get off the show she has all the major parts in this its no fun without steffy, Ridge, or Taylor. Heck I would even be better in this lol. Brooke needs a break like seriously where is all the action and the drama. B and B has totally went down.! I think they should suck it up pay Ron Moss so he can come back. I make Brooke in the hospital or something we are tired of her.

November 21, 2013 at 6:34 pm
(21) Connie says:

Tried to stay with the show but really , it’s all about hope and Brooke! Steffy brought some excitement into the show, loved her look. Drop hope boring!!!! Not going to watch anymore ,,, u lost all great characters. Goodbye!!!

November 26, 2013 at 12:15 am
(22) kat says:

Disappointed in the story line, Liam and Hope are so boring, miss Ridge Steffy, Stephanie, Wyatt is a breath of fresh air, best character in ages, witty and playful.

Cant stand Liam without Steffy she brought the best out in him, Brook and Bill make me stick, fed up with Logans, and give Thorn a story line, poor guy he is like not part of the family, strange!

Please bring back Steffy, and Ridge. Katie is the best actress on there and deserves a better man than Bill, and her sister Brooke needs to be desexed.

December 5, 2013 at 2:47 pm
(23) adrienne stokes says:

I love steffy to death I want her passion she have for liam they belong together she. Make b&b exciting again I miss ridge and Steffie also Taylor ..and let me just Brooke need to go beat her self up and stop sleeping with the whole family life time y’all making her look like a true ass she old as hell and sick in the head.I live bill i don’t know y but I do.bring Steffie back asap and let her take liam back cause no one like hope she suck too she make the show Boring

December 7, 2013 at 9:30 pm
(24) Monique says:

J’aime beaucoup Steffy et j’aimerais bien que vous nous la rameniez dans Bold and Beautiful .elle est ma préférée depuis des années.
Une fidèle telespectatrice depuis 20 ans
Monique Gilbert du Québec

December 10, 2013 at 9:36 pm
(25) Beckie says:

Omg, Steffy needs too come bk an break Hope an Liam up,, I just Love Hope an Wyatt story line, I think them 2 are good together not too mention,, Wyatt is so—>Hot,,,

December 16, 2013 at 2:55 pm
(26) sophie says:

Agree, so tiresome watching the Brooke Logan show. I like the new actor as Ridge, but have lost interest since Steffy is off the show, even her guest appearance is soooo exciting, she lights up the screen.
So bored with Hopeless. Wyatt makes a little too much of his acting facial expressions etc. A replacement for Steffy would never work. Do not like the way they handled Taylor leaving, just too weird, why not just give the poor woman a storyline and stop coddling Brooke? and Hope?
Ick, am afraid I am out out out, no way can I watch this drivel.

December 20, 2013 at 2:00 pm
(27) CJ says:

Was bored with Taylor and her family claiming the Forrester heritage and there since of entitlement ,when Ridge isn’t even a Forrester and Steffy is just a younger version of Brooke just not as attractive and no class what so every.

December 27, 2013 at 1:27 am
(28) tim says:

man, bring steffy back into the show. she is a true competitor for
liams affection not the little person who plays tennis. give me a break
‘shes not even of age yet.
steffy is a great actress and has earned the position to be steffyon the show. give her some time if she needs it and your show will prosper
because of it.
couldnt believe my eyes when i saw the shows with her in it again.
i could feel the tension and excitment those two have even in those
few shows and so could all your viewers.
do us all a favour and work her in again. tks.

January 15, 2014 at 9:17 pm
(29) Dianne says:

The story lines are dragged out, repetitious and becoming duller and duller. Without JM Wood’s character Steffy, the show has lost too good of an actor that made the story lines fun. They are no longer fun.

February 16, 2014 at 1:37 pm
(30) Amy says:

I love b&b and having been watching it many years w/ my grandmother and one thing stays the same I hate Brooke have always been team Taylor , and now I absolutely can’t stand Hope and I love steffy …the show sucks with out them on it I want them back and I def think steffy and Liam need to get back together ,but doubt that’s ever gonna happen :(

March 4, 2014 at 3:24 pm
(31) Cynthia says:

I can’t stand Wyett and hope together or Katty and Ridge they make me sick that’s brother and sister messing with each other partners I’m about ready to stop watching all together.

March 14, 2014 at 8:34 pm
(32) Harriett says:

Please bring Steff back, the show isn’t good without her, I want her to come back and get Liam. Liam need to stop begging Hope.

April 16, 2014 at 11:41 am
(33) Gloria Mackay says:

Just the character of Steffy Forester brought more drama to B&B. She certainly can be replaced with all the hot looking TV gals around! As an actress she is rather ordinary. No Emmy material there! And they should rename their central heroine “Hopeless” Logan! She is a zero in depth and sincerity! I think Bill Spencer and Brook Logan are the new hot duo! and should continue. And make Ridge Forester shave and take a bath! He is a mess and looks like a homeless rake in his baggy wardrobe! And please do something with the Katie character! Please give her more than Ridge!