1. Entertainment

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

Paulette Cohn

Is The Young and the Restless Recasting Adam Newman?

By March 26, 2014

Michael Muhney

We've seen the mysterious hand of someone who is lying in bed, presumably Adam Newman. And Victor and Chelsea have spoken to the homeless man who swears he saw someone get out of Adam's car before it burst into flames, so it is a very real possibility that The Young and the Restless is going to bring back Adam very shortly.

Soap Opera Digest reports that CBS' No. 1 soap has put out a casting call for a character named Aaron Newton. Not too different than Adam Newman, right?

The magazine provided the following description of the character the soap is searching for: "Caucasian Male. MID 30s to LATE 30s. A very handsome, very SEXY, very appealing, very charming LEADING MAN. Aaron is a smart businessman, loves women, and can out maneuver even the shrewdest. NOTE: Actor must be AT LEAST 5'10 and have NO ACCENT PLEASE. This actor will carry major storylines. ONLY actors with strong acting experience will be considered."

Adam, of course, was last played -- and very well we may add -- by Michael Muhney.  According to the Soap Opera Digest report, the new role will begin this summer.  Do you think it is too soon for another actor to take over the part? Hit the comments below and let me know your thoughts.

Comments

March 27, 2014 at 1:09 pm
(1) Kay says:

No it is not too early to recast Adam. I don’t remember the name of the first Adam but I liked him very much.

March 27, 2014 at 2:06 pm
(2) Gloria Buchanan says:

I want Michael Muhney back as Adam!!

March 27, 2014 at 2:15 pm
(3) Patty says:

No, I do not think it is too soon to bring Adam back. I’d like to see them get on with the Adam, Chelsea & baby Connor story line. And see how it will play out & how Victor will treat his son. I hope they do a good job of
re-casting Adam. I do not care for their choice of Billy. I was glad they replaced him before & now he’s back. He & Victoria have no chemistry at all. So probably best they split for good. Only my opinion. Patty

March 27, 2014 at 2:15 pm
(4) Judy in South Carolina says:

I don’t think it is too soon for a recast, either. And I agree that the first actor who played Adam was VERY good in the part!

March 27, 2014 at 2:16 pm
(5) gloria says:

no it’s not,i miss him with all his bad story lines. bring on a new adam or the same one if you can.

March 27, 2014 at 2:37 pm
(6) Betty says:

NO ONE CAN TAKE ADAMS PLACE. PEOPLE ARE SUPPOSE TO FORGIVE MISTAKES SO BRING HIM BACK

March 27, 2014 at 3:37 pm
(7) Linda Lucas says:

No, it is not too soon. Would like to see Adam, not Arron, come back. I hate this new Billy, don’t care if is was on before or not. Wish that other Billy would come back. He was great with Victoria. I understand why Micheal Muhney was fired, but he was a great Adam.

March 27, 2014 at 4:42 pm
(8) Anne Haywood says:

There is no replacement for Michael Muhney, I stopped watching the
Y&R when they let Michael go, And I do not care who they try to recast
that character with, I will not watch Young & Restless again.

March 27, 2014 at 6:33 pm
(9) ROSA says:

WE NEED A GOOD AND NASTY KIMBERLIN FOR ADAM AND GUY LIKE HER,,I MISS ADAM SO MUCH,,HE WAS THE BEST,,,,I WILL STILL LIKE HIM WHEN HE COMES BACK HE IS SO GOOD,,I DONT LIKE THE OLD BILLY THAT IS BACK ON,, HE IS NOT AS GOOD,,,,AS THE BILLY WHO LEFT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

March 27, 2014 at 11:01 pm
(10) Kathleen says:

What happened to what I heard on-line………..Trevor St. John of OLTL (almost never saw show) and briefly on ATWT (handsome man, but not a dynamic actor as Muhney is)??

March 27, 2014 at 11:55 pm
(11) Bettie says:

NO ONE CAN REPLACE MICHAEL MUHNEY. HE WAS THE BEST!! WHY DID WE NOT HEAR HIS SIDE OF THE STORY FROM HIM. HE AND CHELSEA WERE THE BEST TOGETHER. FORGIVE AND FORGET. BRING HIM BACK. WHATEVER HE DID OR DIDN’T DO CAN’T BE ANY WORSE THAN THE BED SCENES ON THE SHOW.

GET RID OF THE NEW BILLY. HE IS TOO WHINEY! NOT MATURE ENOUGH. THE OLD BILLY WAS BEST.

March 28, 2014 at 11:28 am
(12) Judy says:

I miss Adam so much and would love to see Michael Muhney return to the show. He is a great actor and so perfect for Y&R. No one can replace him as far as I am concerned. They tried to replace Billy and look what happened with that!! He is too immature for Victoria and I’m glad they are separating. If they keep firing all the good actors, the show will be not be worth watching anymore.

March 28, 2014 at 2:47 pm
(13) flowe says:

can’t we let Adam stay out of town long enough to knock up some country woman, no0t unlike his daddy Victor did back in the day?w

March 28, 2014 at 2:49 pm
(14) flowe says:

can’t we have the new actor whom becomes our Adam, with a little meat on his bones? lot’s of gals, after all -prefer it like that..

March 28, 2014 at 4:49 pm
(15) Angie says:

Michael can’t be replaced and I think he deserves to come back. I think he should be able to return. The show is not the same without him.

March 31, 2014 at 5:07 pm
(16) Lawrence says:

WHY DON’T THEY FIRE THE IDIOT THAT HAD HIM FIRED?