1. Entertainment
Paulette Cohn

'The Young and the Restless' Moves to TVGN on July 1, 2013

By June 8, 2013

Eric Braeden

For fans who have been watching The Young and the Restless on SoapNet, instead of at its regularly scheduled time on CBS, rest easy. The soap will continue its evening run even after SoapNet no longer carries it.

Rather, TVGN will become the exclusive basic cable home for the No. 1 daytime drama beginning Monday, July 1. At that time, Y&R will move from Soapnet, where it has been a basic cable ratings success, to TVGN, keeping its 7 p.m. ET/PT timeslot, where it has built a loyal fan base, and will appear day-and-date with its broadcast on the CBS Television Network.

Watch the promo right here!

To introduce the transition, TVGN is airing the special The Young & the Restless On-Set: inFANity on Monday, June 17 at 9 p.m. ET/PT. Hosted by Kristoff St. John, this one-hour special episode will feature an in-depth look at Genoa City, including behind-the-scenes footage, set secrets and never-before-seen interviews with the cast.

The episode will include up-close interviews with Eric Braeden, Peter Bergman, Michelle Stafford, Joshua Morrow, Sharon Case, Christian LeBlanc, Tracey Bregman, Jess Walton, Greg Rikaart, Elizabeth Hendrickson, Kristoff St. John, Christel Khalil, Steve Burton and Melissa Claire Egan.

Photo Courtesy: CBS/Monty Brinton

Comments

June 10, 2013 at 9:01 pm
(1) Joyce S says:

well that’s not good. why can’t they keep it on soap net ??? GRRRRRRRR i don’t get tvgn… not a happy camper here. now i’ll have to tape it on cbs, where they cut into it with stupid updates on things i care nothing about.. grrrrrrrrrrrrr :(

June 21, 2013 at 12:30 pm
(2) Bryan Salton says:

I’m glad y and r is going to tvgn it’s easy for me because I watch days in the afternoon and gh at nine on soapnet can you put abc family Melissa and Joey on soapnet on ten at night and nick at nite see dad run at 10:30 and new spinoff from Disney girl meets world on soap at 11:00 at night.

July 2, 2013 at 8:21 pm
(3) Susasn Forman says:

I am unhappy about it. Cablevision does not carry TVGN .If I am wrong, please let me know what channel TVGN is on Cablevision?

July 2, 2013 at 11:16 pm
(4) LaurieBeach says:

I don’t like that. Now Days of our lives is on at 7 the same time as Young and the Restless? Not a happy camper!

July 3, 2013 at 2:50 pm
(5) Mary Pat Crabtree says:

I’m very unhappy I’m not able to watch my favorite soap Y & R, since A T & T Uverse does not carry TGVN channel. Please come back to Soap.net. I can’t afford to switch TV carriers.

July 4, 2013 at 5:56 pm
(6) No Name says:

Why did you move The Young and The Restless to TVGN. The constant TV Program Menu is so disruptive its like you looking at half of a movie and have of an announcement screen. The screen is dark and I can barely see it. Why not leave well enough alone you know if its not broke why try to fix it. This is just as bad as when ABC 7 cut All My Children and One Life To Live for a food show. Now its on Hulu and if you don’t have a computer or laptop you can not see those soaps anymore and some people have trouble because the screen freeze or stop after every other word just a mess. Why not leave our Soaps alone and put them all back where they belong. ABC 7 need to put our AMC and OLTL back as well.

July 5, 2013 at 10:18 pm
(7) sherry says:

I WENT TO AT&T UVERSE, AND PAID MORE MONEY,!!! SO I COULD GET THE SOAP STATION CHANNEL!, AND NOW AT&T DOESN’T EVEN CARRY THIS CHANNEL! (TVGN) WHY? !!!!!
WHERE THE HELL IS TVGN?!!!!!!!!!!!! WHYYYYYYYYYY! WOULD THEY DO THIS? I HAVE BEEN WATCHING THIS SOAP FROM DAY ONE, AND A T.V. CO, THAT DOESN’T CARRY A CHANNEL ! AND WHY WOULD Y&R MOVE TO A CHANNEL THAT NO ONES EVER HEARD OF, AND MOSTLY, WHY WOULD A BIG CO, LIKE AT&T NOT HAVE IT ! IT’S NOT LISTED ANYWHERE IN THE T.V. GUIDE !! WHAT JERK MADE THIS DESICION? GET IT BACK ON THE SOAP CHANNEL, OR AT LEAST A CHANNEL THAT EVERYONE CAN GET (IF WANTED) THATS WHAT A SOAP CHANNEL IS FOR, SOAPS!!!!!

July 9, 2013 at 1:42 pm
(8) Rosetta says:

I have Time Warner cable and this new TV Channel is not carried by them. I cannot believe I am missing my favorite soap especially when the truth is coming out on what I assumed when Phyllis became pregant for Nick years ago.

July 10, 2013 at 2:46 am
(9) Julia says:

I went away and came back from vacation, Young & Restless on Soap network was gone. Please put it back. I am busy during the day and now I can not watch my favorite soap. Boy does that stink.

July 24, 2013 at 2:32 am
(10) Elizabeth says:

yeah get The Young and Restless back on soap network Channel.. We have AT&T Uverse and don’t have TVGN and why move Y&R to a channel no-body can get.
I enjoyed watching Y&R at 7:00 and Days at 8:00 I’m very un-happy move it back!!!!!!!

July 24, 2013 at 2:35 am
(11) Elizabeth says:

yeah move Young & Restless back to soap network not happy!!!

August 1, 2013 at 6:54 pm
(12) Judy says:

I don’t like TVGN either because of the constant listings rolling at the bottom of the screen. Please put Y&R back on soapnet.

August 2, 2013 at 12:20 pm
(13) Judy Rose says:

I have watched Young and the Restless for many years now and Iam sooooo unhappy about it. If I miss it in the day time I get up set. Not nice at all. I have a plate and the cook book of the soap. Please put it back.

August 5, 2013 at 7:16 pm
(14) Petunia says:

I was uspset when our cable company a year or so ago took our soap channel off and put Disney Jr in its place. But I then started watching Y&R online. It is very easy. I do not understand what the uproar is. I also bought a monitor/audio cable for my tv and just plug it into my computer and turn my tv into a monitor .. Walla!! I have Y&R on the tv whnever I miss it during the day. So if you have a computer and a tv that has a monitor hook up, there is not problem. Sorry if you do not, but still can get missed episodes on your computer.

August 8, 2013 at 8:36 pm
(15) Judy says:

Please bring Y&R back to Soapnet. I love the show!! I have been watching it from the start. I have to say I did take some time off or I would miss a few shows here and there. You know Barney might have won out a few times. But I have been a true fan. I loved it if I missed the afternoon show I would watch it on Soapnet. Since Cablevision charges soo much I will not add a DVR to my service!!

August 9, 2013 at 6:40 pm
(16) Beverly says:

Whose bright light bulb thought it would be a good ideat to move Y&R. What is wrong with you. Y&R has been a part of my life for more then 30 years and you put it on a station that most people have never heard of and is not carried by regular cable. This was my favorite of all soaps. Your statement “rest easy,” is a lie because I cannot get TVGN. My computer is fried and I cannot watch Y&R it at work. Thanks for nothing. Bring Y&R back please.

August 16, 2013 at 12:12 am
(17) Diane Tracy says:

I’M so upset because I do not get TVGN so someone please tell me what happened…I have watched this show for 35 years and now I can’t. Who’s great idea was this to move Y&R to a station most of us don’t have…please put it back on soapnet where it belongs wioth all the other soaps. Who needs to watch Day of our Lives 3 times a night, p[lease move it back…

August 22, 2013 at 11:50 pm
(18) t says:

This shows y&r as available to watch but when you click on link it doesn’t take you there…. if you’re not going to make it available on soapnet @ please make sure site works to view

August 28, 2013 at 5:29 pm
(19) Joy says:

This is just About the stupidest thing Soap Opera Net has done… Taking THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS OFF!! If it’s a channel for soaps then The Young & Restless SHOULD BE ON IT…. HELLO IT’S THE BEST SOAP ON TV NOW…. BEATS GENERAL HOSPITAL HANDS DOWN.
I mean it has no vampires in it… No changing the actors into different
People!! It’s the only soap that’s realistic!! I mean and really… Who wants to watch all this other crap they. Have on Soap Net????? This was a dumb idea and I’m sure they have lost many viewers who looked forward to watching The Young & The Restless in the evenings!!! Just put it back on before you loose all your devoted viewers!!! I sure hope they are reading all these complaints of disappointments!! How do we appeal to the Soap Net people to put it Back on??!!!

Very disappointed in Soap Net Channel,
Joy

September 18, 2013 at 7:33 pm
(20) Louise says:

I too am very disappointed that the “Young and Restless” is not on
Soap Net. I also cannot get TVGN. Many of we viewers are unable
to see it during the day all the time. Please get it back on SoapNet
in the evening.

December 8, 2013 at 12:53 pm
(21) virginia says:

WORKING PEOPLE CANNOT WATCH TV DURING THE DAY..I LOVE MY SOAPS AND NOW THEY LL ALL BE GONE ..please LEAVE SOAPNET ALONE PLEEEZE!!!!!

January 1, 2014 at 7:41 pm
(22) Earlene says:

It sucks I have been watching DAYS OF YOUR LIVES SINCE I WAS A KID. for 40 years. and I work days so I can’t watch it

January 3, 2014 at 1:38 pm
(23) Annette says:

I agree please bring back y and r to soap net we don t have that channel… so I am lost with out my soaps… please bring it back thanks